Wednesday, May 15, 2013

QRP Foxhunt Lull: Winter/Summer

YI really like the QRP Foxhunts on 40 and 80 Meters during the winter and 20M during the summer months:

QRP FOX HUNTS


They are really fun and have been great experience for me in a number of ways.   I've learned to work split, the hunts continue to help me improve my listening skills and copying weak signals...the fox hunts have some world class ops who work as fox and send to the pack of hounds...sometimes you might be in a pile up 1-2 deep with about 50 or more hounds!!!!

The Facebook QRP Foxhunt group with N9AW as group admin has been really neat!!!   It take the fox hunts to a new level by creating a group that is has bonded together like a band of brothers...I love the camaradaire....what a great group.  I typically don't do the 20M summer hunts since there is so much going on during the summer but I've been smiten with the radio bug after about a 2 year layoff and I'm sure I'll do the summer hunts this season.  In the mean time I downloaded GEN LOG and will start participating in the NAQCC sprints between fox hunt seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment