Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Radio, Memorial Day Weekend, and Family Harmony

After doing the ARCI Spring QSO Party, then trying to support a few friends in the GA QP, FL QP and doing QRP TTF in April I promised the family I'd ease off weekends and spend more time with family so my plan is to skip WPX Memorial Day Weekend.   (I kind of broke my promise when I continued to spend a lot of time in May with the New England QSO party and Day of the YL's...eeks...so I need to lighten up a bit.)


 NE QSO Party

 ARCI Spring QSO Party

QRP TTF

However I do plan on the spending some time on the radio in the evening, less of an impact to family and I'll be able to keep some kind of balance and family harmony.

The following contests look like they should be a lot of fun this weekend:

ARCI Hoot Owl Sprint

MI QRP Memorial Day Sprint

(By the way the MI QRP info says Labor Day Sprint but K8NWD posted this to the QRP-L:)

MI QRP Memorial Day CW Sprint--CW, from May 27, 2300Z to May 28, 0300Z. Bands
(MHz): 1.8-28. Exchange: RST, S/P/C, MI QRP number or power. Logs due: 30 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment