Sunday, May 12, 2013

Quick QRP Antenna Set-UP ideas

One of my goals this year is to do some fun QRP events outside.  QRP TTF was fun in April and I'm looking forward to more.  One thing I found from doing the event in April is a need for a faster and easier  QRP antenna setup.  In my search I came across some cool ideas from our own NEQRP founder, W1FMR, if you google his call with the words "end-fed antenna" a wealth of info comes up.  Jim has written for 72 and various yahoo-groups, plus he USES them, so why reinvent the wheel when I can learn from the best on this type of setup...how cool is that!!! (Jim is a major QRP 160 force...look for his position in #1 call area when the scores are finally tabulated in the CQ 160 2013 contest:)  Tons of info on great, quick and easy to setup endfed antennas from W1FMR on the web!!!!!   The link provided below is from the NJ QRP with several configurations:

Click link for more info:
End-Fed Half Wave Antenna

Jim Fitton, W1FMR, NEQRP founder (left) and at his side, his childhood ham friend, NY1Z  (and still his good buddy) at a recent NEQRP Luncheon celebrating Jim's 74 birthday....good going Jim you've added so much to my enjoyment of the hobby...thanks OM!!!!!  Wow these guys send spectacular clean beautiful code on Vibroplex bugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment