Wednesday, February 17, 2010

80M Fox Hunt

The 80M QRP Fox hunt was last night.

I should have two more pelts to add to my collection this year. I started back on the hunts on New Years Eve, December 31, 2009 so I'm a little behind the rest of the hounds in numbers but I'm having a good time.

N0SM and N0AR were the foxii last night.
I had trouble getting N0AR. I heard N9NE get him as soon as he started calling at 9pm and I thought I'd be the second one to get him but no dice. I swapped off to try for the lower fox once Dave got N0SM so he'd have clear sailing for N0AR...since we are less than a mile apart we can cancel out our signals sometimes when we send on the air at the same time. There was a lot of noise when I first went to N0SM's sending frequency so I wasn't able to hear him so I didn't transmit. Luckily Dave got N0AR so I headed back. He was tuning around and getting hounds on different frequencies with no pattern but I kept trying. I finally got him after hearing N1TP from FL get him.

Wow...I saw N0SM's log this morning and realized N9NE got N0AR and N0SM both within a minute!!!!!!!!! Although N0AR hasn't posted his log yet I heard Todd get him right away.

So...two more for me .....Yippie!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment